16 January, 2013

Global CHUCK Party! 26 January 2013!


On 27 January, 2012 CHUCK ended a run that lasted 91 episodes. It had millions of fans. And they must celebrate its life every year for eternity!

The plan is to commemorate this first year anniversary on the final Saturday of this month. Why then? Because it is the best time to get fans around the planet together!

We will have a viewing party online via Twitter, Facebook, MySpace (just kidding), and whatever other place you can find to spread the word, and share in the joy of CHUCK.

How does it work? Well, you load up your DVD or Blu-Ray or iTunes or some other (il)legal method and watch the episode(s) with the rest of us.

Also, the old ChuckYouTuesday podcast group (well, those still around and talking to me) will be gathering to record a viewing party where we watch an episode, record what we have to say about it, and then post it for you to enjoy! Our episode of choice is Chuck Versus the Colonel.

I am sure we will also be tweeting along with you all. Or Facebooking.

Or MySpaceing (clearly kidding, come on).

We will be using the hashtags #Chuck and #Chuckiversary on Twitter.

So...

DATE: 26 January, 2013
TIME: 4PM EST (9PM GMT) until 8PM EST (1AM GMT)
EPIS.: 1.01 (Pilot); 2.14 (Best Friend); 2.21 (Colonel); 3.14 (Honeymooners)

CLICK HERE to find out how many hours difference your area is from EST.

You do not need to watch every episode with us. This is just the plan for those of us nutty enough to watch them all. But do remember to Tweet or Facebook or MySpace (oh Justin Timberlake, what were you thinking?) the crew and actors who worked on the show and tell them whatever you want to tell them. I recommend something nice.

We can finish off the weekend by joining together on the 27th to watch episode 4.13 (Push Mix) at 8PM EST (1AM GMT) which will mark the exact date and hour of the final evening of CHUCK ever.

So, are you in? Comment below! Or just check the comments below for any more information as it becomes available.

32 comments:

  1. Do you think my family will be upset if I ignore them during our weekend beach getaway to join the chuck party? LOL Great plan and hope lots of people join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'll be joining you. Everything for Chuck. Hope to see this event becoming traditional in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You picked good episodes.

    I haven't been able to rewatch the show yet, the miserable finale killed all the joy from that. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feel bro

      Delete
    2. Have any of you read any of the post-finale fanfics? I wrote mine (Chuck vs The Epilog)specifically to address the errors of the final episode, and there are many others (almost) as good. My rewrite of season 3 is getting me through that as well.

      Delete
  4. I will join the Chuckiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im from Brazil, and I need to kniw 4 pm EST, any city where use this EST?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brazil is 3-hours ahead of NYC (EST). So it would be 7PM for you. I am adding that link to the main page.

      Delete
  6. +6 hours for me but I must celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. +6 hours for me but I must celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for this!! These are all my favorite episodes too!!. I miss Chuck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cant wait, i am happy to sacrifice an early weekend sleep in for Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sadly I'll be at work as I always am this time of year but I will at least watch the colonel on my laptop on the 27th.

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn you work!

      But then you could download the podcast commentary for Colonel and enjoy our noise in your ear while you try to enjoy a brilliant episode. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah I'm averaging about 9 months a year out at sea. That's why every time I talk to you I'm either just getting home or getting ready to go back. One day I'll make time for these kinds of celebrations but for now I gotta work.

      Daniel

      Delete
    3. I feel ya, brother. There's always 2014!

      Delete
  11. I'll participate. I've only been able to watch 1 episode, outside extended cut I watched only once when I got my DVD's, since the "incomplete" finale aired and that was Colonel about 3 weeks ago. I'd like to regain that desire to take their journey again that the finale killed. Maybe this is what I need. I'll try to be there for at least part of it. If Honeymooners can't get me back watching nothing ever will. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few people who haven't watched CHUCK in a year are jumping in on this. It will be interesting to see how everyone absorbs this event.

      Delete
  12. Are Canadians permitted to join in the rewatch or will some sort Canadian "tax" be imposed?? ;-)

    CM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is Canada part of the globe?

      No? Then yes. There will be a tax.

      Delete
  13. I'm in...of course! Love to podcast too...been too long since we chatted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nuj30... i like to watch ... chuck versus the colonel.. but hate morgan for removing the condom from chucks wallet....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in. You picked great shows.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in! Great way to spend the day! I sooooo miss this show!

    ReplyDelete
  17. In from the UK will suspend my current rewatch that is on season 4. But I have to join in

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in from Austria

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm will be watching it on tubeplus online,does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  20. still trying to make money out of a dead show?

    ReplyDelete