Not necessarily in any order. Though, it’s in a specific order so I'm lying.
10. People just hang up when a phone conversation ends. No one ever says “bye” and no one ever calls up the other person asking them “What the fuck, Bob?! You just hung up on me!”
9. Lovers call each other by their first names instead of “baby” or “honey” or “titty sprinkles”.
8. Characters constantly refer to each other by name as if they're trying to remember it, because that's how we all do it, right?
Bob? Right, Bob? Hey, Bob. What's up, Bob? Bob? Let's go do that thing, Bob.
7. A discussion that starts at one location will continue to its next logical step in a follow-up scene in a completely different location, even though the characters would have taken minutes to hours to arrive there and would have finished the conversation already.
Obviously this is based on those times when you're like "Hey, Bob, how about we finish this conversation when we arrive where the cameras are filming the next scene? Okay, Bob?"
6. I supposed this started with BATTLESTAR GALACTICA but it has caught on with writers all over the place: Military and police personnel referring to female superiors as “sir”. NOPE. INACCURATE. It’s still “ma’am”. Don’t believe me? Try calling a female officer “sir” and see what happens.
Seriously, don't fuckin' do that.
5. Arm and leg bullet wounds are shrugged off even though they can be extremely painful, result in broken bones, and cause severe blood-loss that can kill just as easily as any other wound.
4. People dial phone numbers from memory. No one is ever like "Fuuuuuck! I should have put that number in my phone!"
3. Characters don’t say “ummm” or “ahhh” or “uhhh” like real people do. They are all expert public speakers that never lean on auxiliaries.
2. No one can see what is happening within anything greater than a 5 degree field of view. They’re always really surprised by someone not directly 2 feet in front of them. People just pop up on them like ninjas.
1. Characters speak at a normal conversation level in a non-secure location where anyone can hear them say something super important that should be kept secret.