01 May, 2012

May 2012 is CHUCK Month!


People have asked me "Why is May CHUCK month?" And I look at them as if they are strange... like, shouldn't EVERY month be CHUCK month? Isn't that the question you should be asking?

Though, I do have a logic behind choosing this month.

The month of May in the year 2012, is the final time we have a new DVD/BD release of a television season of CHUCK. And that should be reason enough to celebrate 5-seasons of a show we all love. If you didn't love it, then why are you here?!

Speaking of the DVD/BD release, you should make it a point to order one, or both, or multiple copies of both, at the links below.

Chuck: The Complete Fifth Season

Chuck: The Complete Fifth Season [Blu-ray]

There is also an apparent BOX SET for CHUCK that I still haven't heard much about and may or may not contain an actual box... set... or is, what I suspect it to be, just all the seasons in one package (which I do not consider a real box set). However you can order that at the links below:

Chuck: Seasons One - Five

Chuck: Seasons One - Five [Blu-ray]

I don't know why the "box set" is more expensive than buying individual seasons but if you want to give WB extra bundles of cash, go for it. Otherwise, I'd order the seasons separately.

I realize some of you don't buy DVD/BD's anymore, or so hated the season 5 finale that you refuse to buy it, but I know that many of you want to see a movie some day, or a continuation of the story, and the ONLY WAY THAT WILL HAPPEN is if people buy lots and lots and lots of this stuff. Because WB isn't going to entertain great ideas for continuing the series until they think they can make a profit.

Our star, and all around great guy, Zachary Levi had some great ideas and detailed them here in this interview... jump to 11:50 point for the start of the interview:



As I have been saying for months, and Zac details, WB isn't open to any new age ideas for bringing the show back until they see a return on their investment. That's where fans come in.

Yeah, yeah, I know... you don't want to hear it. "I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO ACTUALLY WORK FOR SOMETHING! I WANT TO JUST SIGN PETITIONS AND PRETEND LIKE IT MEANS SOMETHING!"

Sorry... but if you want a movie, you're going to have to kick some ass, take some names, and spend money. The only thing you should be signing is your name to a list called "I Bought CHUCK Season 5!"

Alright, enough of my preaching.

But What Will We Get During CHUCK Month?!
So we're not just going to post one article this month and expect you all to do the heavy lifting by yourselves. We plan on writing several articles; a handful of CHUCK 91 features; a bunch of top 5/10 lists or podcasts; and maybe a surprise or two if I can make it happen!

I also plan on digging up some old material that some of you may have missed, including fan videos, events, and articles. These things should be released every few days so come back often. Though, I am debating whether or not to release anything on the weekends. It all depends on what you all want... so comment below.

We're also taking requests, so if there is something you want to see, let us know. WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Maybe.


30 comments:

  1. Look Fedak and Scwartz won the season 3 for being ani-shippers and shippers won season 4 and most of 5. So look everyone got what they wanted in the end, it balanced out so let bygones be gone by the wayside (Archer!) and let us buy all 5 seasons of blu ray or DVD and get a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Chuck month! I'm already loving it! Anxiously awaiting fifth season DVD - preordered months ago! Love you for doing this! Keep it up!

    Sudigio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super secret ninja morsels that you couldn't or wouldn't share? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm... perhaps, wabbit. Perhaps.

      Delete
    2. Praise Magnus, king of the Chuck sassy & sexy brigade.

      Delete
  4. basically just uber excited for anything you are willing to post. Yay CHUCK month!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One last big Chuck celebration, love it. Looking forward to Chuck month and all you guy's have in store. You and i Magnus have already talked about the Zac interview and all of his ideas so i wont get into that. Also you can count on me to buy stuff, im already getting S1-5 on Blu-Ray and geting some Merch at the NBCstore. Whenever and whatever you release for Chuck month, i will definitely check out:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If any more of the extras get released on You Tube, will we really need to buy the DVD's?

    I wouldn't be surprised if the extended version of the finale shows up on You Tube for free soon.

    (I know this stuff always shows up on Torrent sites, but I don't do Torrent sites. So I don't notice what shows up there.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think people who don't buy a DVD/BD set because they've seen the material on YouTube would have bought it anyway. People who buy do so because they like to own shit. They like to have it as part of their collection.

      Delete
  7. Chuck fans, the day you've been waiting for is here! Now you can pre-order new, exclusive fabulous four Chuck figures for almost $20 off retail. This special price expires as soon as the little guys start shipping, so get your order in today! > http://bit.ly/IICluA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally always watch the extras via youtube, because I can't stand the fact that it is out there and I haven't seen it. But I always buy the DVD, not only because it looks way better on my TV (despite the bad grainy look that blu ray actually has always seemed to have for Chuck), but I want to own it and want to support the show. So bascially, yes, I agree with your assessment.

    Also, thanks for your work geek furious & thanks for Chuck month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got the season 5 BD coming to the UK from US Amazon some time next month hopefully... whenever it gets here.

    It's not out on DVD here until October/November and we don't even get BDs of Chuck here, so I'm looking forward to it, even if I probably will end up watching the extra stuff on the net before it has chance to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for doing this!!!Its so Awesome and i am new to the site and so glad May is CHUCK month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The creator had 13 episodes to deliver us a satisfying series finale and yet he didn’t. Honestly he doesn’t deserve a movie or anything.

    That said, Zac and the rest of the cast do. So for them I will buy the final season DVD. But I am still bitterly disappointed with the final ep.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fedak and Schwartaz created Chuck and we should be thank you for them letting in on this journey and if anyone deserves a movie its those two...I dont get all the hate for this two..I am thankful for them creating my favorite Tv show of all time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people can't forgive what happened last. Me? I don't base it all on the end. Especially since you can just ignore season 5 entirely if it bothers you that much and pretend it never happened.

      Lots of Star Wars fans pretend the prequels never happened.

      Delete
    2. very good point on the star wars..the last episode doesnt change my opinon on chuck and actually made me love it more

      Delete
  13. Wasn't Magnus going to spill the beans on Chucktv.net once the series ended?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have talked about it. Many times. I just never put it all into a blog posting and I don't see a point in doing it now. However, any time she wants to go into an all-out war over this, the entire WHC team is prepared to do a podcast about it and she is invited to join it, where our lawyer, aka the creator of Chuckfest, will remind her of the facts.

      To sum up, Mel tried to steal shit. She registered a website for a campaign I created, then linked it back to someone else when I stopped talking to her. When Mark, who created Chuckfest, mistakenly approached her about doing the charity event, but meaning to contact Laurie at WeHeartChuck, Mel didn't direct him to the right place. Instead she went and pitched the idea to NBC and WB as hers.

      When things fell apart, she didn't bother telling Mark about it and stopped answering his emails. Thankfully, Mark was directed to Laurie by Wendy (you know, the girl who came up with the Subway idea that Mel would later put out press releases claiming to have "spearheaded") and WeHeartChuck, the people he wanted to talk to in the first place.

      And Chuckfest 1, 2, and 3 happened after some hard work made more difficult by Mel's initial attempts at making it happen without ever contacting WHC. Mel would later go on the set of CHUCK, during a blogger/media day, and tell anyone who would listen that Wendy "stole Chuckfest" from her.

      I should also say that when I was working with her, she had me, and some others, start working on a Chuck Wiki site... but I later discovered one already existed that she didn't have a hand in. Why not just combine forces? This is how she operates. Just takes what she wants because she thinks she can. Clear sociopathic behavior.

      Delete
    2. That was much more than I ever thought you would write on the issue. I'm sorry you - and everyone else who truly played a key part in saving "Chuck" - had to endure all of that. I can only imagine how frustrating it was. Thank you for doing everything you did during Chuck's run. And Wendy will always be a genius in my book.

      Steve

      Delete
    3. Steve, Wendy will never take or even accept all the credit she deserves. But if people knew just how much work she did behind the scenes to not just make things happen but to keep an evil shit like Mel from steamrolling over everyone, they would be mightily impressed.

      I have never known anyone so dedicated to something NO ONE IS PAYING HER TO DO... and to doing the right thing. It is too bad she wasn't the one running the biggest CHUCK fan site. And too bad that the person who was/is, is the most twisted sicko I've ever known.

      Delete
    4. Holy shit! No wonder you called her the c-word. That b-word is a c-word!

      Delete
    5. LOL! You say "shit" but then censor yourself? Classic.

      Delete
  14. I already own the first 3 seasons of Chuck on Blu, just haven't got around to ordering the last two, but will do so soon. Those Chuck figures look sweet, so I think I might order those as well. Anything to help the potential movie to get made!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always knew there was something wrong with Mel. Disingenuous as hell and a grade A ass-kisser. Thanks for confirming. ChuckTV.net pretty much bullied anyone with dissenting opinions about the show and ruined that site. Shades of what Davis has done to the ChuckThis blog.

    ReplyDelete