27 July, 2012

Review - WILFRED 2.06: 'Control'


I didn't review last week's episode of WILFRED because I hated it. So does this week's please me more?

Amanda and Jenna meet. A video of a wasted Jenna goes viral as 'Squishy Tits'. Ryan has a couple's dinner party. Things go badly. Amanda then tells everyone her very sad and gory dog story. And Wilfred finally gets to "meet" her.

QUOTING WILFRED
Wilfred: Come on treasure. I know you're under there somewhere, you dick!

Jenna: They just played 'Squishy Tits' on Howard Stern!

Ryan: What are you doing here?
Wilfred: (holding a box) I brought desert. I found it in the most charming little French bakery's dumpster.
Ryan: (opening the box) There's nothing in here.
Wilfred: Of course there is. There's a giant grease stain. And a smidge of crusty whipped cream. I've already chewed up four of these boxes this week. After tonight I swear I'm going on a cleanse.

Wilfred: Yes, Bear. I heard you the first time. Six beers and Amanda is finally starting to look bone-able. Volume, Bear. Volume!

Jenna: I don't know if you've heard but there's this Internet video that's sort of ruining my life right now.
Amanda: (lying) Oh n... uh no. I haven't heard anything about it.
Drew: I'll send you the link.

If I had to rate this episode, and I don't want to, I'd give it:

77 out of 100

Not many lines of fun dialogue and the story just didn't work all that well. At least they didn't do something TV-stupid and make Amanda break up with Ryan, because in the real world shit like that doesn't happen just because your significant other lied to you. Well, unless the sex is bad.

I guess Ryan is okay in bed.