08 February, 2012

Drive-By Review: WHITE COLLAR - 'Pulling Strings'


This site's first review of this show is a drive-by for two reasons. First, I don't really know if I want to write these (maybe someone will volunteer). Second, I don't feel I have all that much to say about the episode even though it was mostly enjoyable.

The story is that Peter is taking some time off to spend with his wife and his in-laws. There is a little side-story here about him getting her the perfect gift for her birthday and it eventually involves Mozzie, who it has been established is very fond of Mrs. Suit.

The rest of the episode involves Bryce and his ex, Sarah Walker, going on another mission to find a stolen Stradivarius. There is also a little touch of a plot about Diana getting engaged and about the FBI's investigation into Neal's commutation.

Most of this episode is a setup for Neal and Sara getting back together. The case is solved and they part as "friends" who can hang out or something. Peter, with Mozzie's help, gets his wife the perfect present, and Agent Kramer questions Diana about what Peter may be hiding with respect to Neal. OH NOS!

If I had to rate this one, I'd give it:

82 out of 100

They've made much more interesting episodes. Though, it was nice to see Neal and Sarah interact again. The actors/characters do have a nice bit of chemistry. Though, not as much as Bryce Larkin and Sarah Walker.


15 comments:

  1. Definitely not one of the best episodes, but I love the show and am very glad to see the review here. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell your WHITE COLLAR friends to hit the article and I'll give it a bigger review in 2-weeks. :)

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed the show. Love Neal and Sarah together. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! You saw the Larkin and Walker too? Yay! I agree, they've had better episodes, but this one was still good. I particularlly liked the part when Peter knocked Elizabeth's old doll onto the floor and Satchmo took off with it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good husband... he will help destroy a creepy gift for you!

      Delete
  4. I was happy to see June back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WWAS

    ( what would Abed say )

    Not cool not cool not cool

    Peter and Neil and Mozzie are great , but all the cases of the week are excruciating . They make Chucks missions of the week look fucking GENIUS lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. ZAYAFOAMCST (Gina)February 9, 2012 at 4:41 AM

    Bryce and Sarah Walker, hehehe. He was Bryce for 5 episodes (?) and has been Neil for 3 seasons of White collar and you still call him Bryce. Funny stuff. Yeah, for a procedural this is quite a breezy and fun show with some surprisingly good sprinklings of serialisation. Neil's tracker hardly ever gets mentioned anymore at all and I doubt fans remember his 1.2 mile tether range either. I think they could commute his service but something tells me that a procedural like this loves the reset and so it is built inside of their DNA to keep the status quo for next season. I was in New York city in November (my first ever visit!) and spent 17 days there at the Waldorf (good enough for Mad Men, good enough for Don Draper, good enough for me) anyhow I was in New York and realised that none of these shows use mid town that much and so maybe giving Neil a bigger range would mean they stop pretending to always be in central manhattan and actually go out to the other areas...still like he show, Matt Bomer is hot but I have a feeling I or even Sarah walker is his type, hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are surfing a fine line of deletion.

      Delete
    2. Yeah I understand that, the Waldorf prices were not pretty and quite steep. The major bonus was that I saw Michael J Fox! He was there for his annual Parkison fund raiser. He is so awesome!!!!!! Also he plays a mean guitar too!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think right now may be a good time to re-enforce your chuckgasmic commentating rules to this site. I have a feeling it may become pertinent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling you would be, I should have known better. It is all very sweet and adorable.

      Delete
    2. In fact, I am looking forward to dropping bigots in the spam folder. I haven't done that on this site in a while.

      Delete