30 May, 2011

Playstation Store OPEN FOR BUSINESS... [UPDATE]


UPDATE: Playstation Blog has put out the press release from Sony that indicates the Playstation Store will be up "this week." Apparently they are still having trouble figuring out how to bring the entire network back online without having a middleschool cheerleading squad hack into it while googling for hot boys.

Super duper fake insider sources tell me that Sony is almost certain to bring PSN down late tonight (or early tomorrow morning) and then bring the network up again in the late afternoon, Tuesday the 31st of May, with the storefront available.  This will be the first time in over a month that the Playstation Store will be available, since Sony's laughable security system was breached by toddlers from Wisconsin who were looking for a new recipe for melting cheese.

As detailed in an earlier article, Sony will offer various items and services for free as a make-good for the network and store being unavailable.  For North American account holders that includes:

TWO FREE PS3 GAMES from the list below downloadable for 30-days from the point of the restoration of the store.
  • Dead Nation
  • inFAMOUS
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Wipeout HD + Fury

The same condition for PSP owners.
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • ModNation Racers
  • Pursuit Force
  • Killzone Liberation

Sony will also provide free movie titles (on their terms apparently, since they don't trust you) as well as 30 days free Playstation Plus for non subscribers. Existing Plus subscribers will receive 60 more days free.

Click on the above link if you want to know what else Sony is going to provide for free.

The most exciting freebie is 100 free virtual items for Home.  I can't wait to spend 1,200 hours trying to figure out where to put that new freebie table in my fake apartment that no one ever goes into, least of all me.

So, what is the first thing you are going to do when Playstation Store returns?  What free games are you grabbing?  And how excited are you to finally log into Home?  What do you think the chances are that someone hacks into the network again before Sony can relaunch the storefront?


17 comments:

  1. we gets free guymz???? woooooooohhhhoooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guymz? No... but you do get free games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting Dead Nation Super Stardust. What is your PSN name so we can play together?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting Dead Nation as well. I may get LBP even though I own it. I always wanted to have it on my hard drive. I hate switching out discs.

    I can't give out my PSN ID. It is secret. But it is possible that it is Razorback followed by the numbers 7, then 1, and then 8. No spaces anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding Infamous to the list has nothing to do with the upcoming Infamous 2 release, does it? Sure not. And the chance of buying stuff with Plus user discount doesn't have anything to do with recovering from the long month without sales within PSN Store.
    The longer you know them the more you love your NES.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure they are offering up both inFamous and LBP because a) to promote the versions with the number 2 after them or b) because they know most people will have already played or finished them and won't bother downloading them. Win/win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dead Nation is worth it. It's hard but fun.

    Besides it's zombies and for me that is a no brainer.

    Still waiting for the store to open because I want Dungeon Explorer Alliance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. inFamous, and Dead Nation... ticks me off that UK gets ratchet and clank... i wouldnt spend money on that series but id like to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. See... that is why you need to have an account for every region... just in case Sony gets hacked and then offers free stuff for each account.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lets be honest - you're quoting an old Bloomberg article that got outsourced multiple times. if you have new information that isn't a month old that the store is going to be for sure up tmrw than please cite your sources but if not please don't post sensational material for extra website hits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Matt, if we are being honest (and I don't know about you, but I aim for honesty) then I am not quoting any article by anyone, which is why I didn't use quotes. The only cited source is of the make-goods and that is linked.

    And if I have super secret sources, I am certainly not going to cite them since they would be SUPER and SECRET. So, you go do your site and I will do mine and suck it up that you are not as cool as me with awesome cool insider info.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those of little faith. They have no idea who you are. So familiar lol. You must be laughing your ass off about this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moohahahaha! Bring on the nutbags! I live for this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What are people getting bent out of shape about? He provided factual details and stated up front that this was from a 'fake' secret source. I doubt Sony knows if the store will be up tomorrow. Read the other articles on this site and you realise it is fact meets fun. Chillax.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just listened to the podcast on the other site and came here and you are already causing trouble on your new project. Nothing ever changes with you. Thank god! I love you. Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Let's not make this all about awesome widdle me!

    P.S.

    I love you too... whoever you are.

    ReplyDelete